My first post and a bit about my story...

A brief introduction...



I've long been addicted to taking HPTs, if you are here reading this I'm assuming you know what HPT stands for. I frequent most TTC website and obsess over other peoples faint BFP pics. It eases my desire to POAS...I just love looking at other people's tests when I don't have my own to obsess over. I know that I'm not the only one who has this addiction, many women share it with me, you know who you are.

I figured why not blog about it? I thought it would be interesting to share what I go through, and share the info and expertise I have accumulated along the way.

The way my addiction started; and yes I'm referring to it as an actual addiction. I struggled with infertility for years and went through many medicated cycles. I think my struggle would have been much longer, but I was very proactive in finding the diagnosis I needed. It took finding and firing a lot of different doctors, but I finally found the answers I wanted  I wanted. I was blessed to find a Reproductive Endocrinologist that had aggressive treatment plans, thus we were able to finally conceive.

Infertility changes a person in ways which I can't explain. I have a sense of how special my children really are, and I'm thankful for them everyday, even when they are driving me crazy! I could be without them like the unfortunate reality some women have to deal with. Infertility taught me a new respect for life and pregnancy in general. So very many people take getting pregnant for granted, it still strikes a nerve with me till this day when people refer to getting pregnant as an easy task. How dare they minimize what I felt, almost making a mockery of the struggle I lived in for years? They don't mean it, they are just clueless. They obviously have no idea what I went through, or what millions of women with fertility issues struggle with everyday. 


Infertility is extremely isolating. Even if you aren't truly alone because you have your partner, you still feel like an alien. When you speak about it with other people they can't seem to grasp an understanding. Grasping an understanding may be understating it. People, specifically women, look at you with something I can only explain as complete emptiness and confusion. It's a look that comes from a place of no understanding whatsoever. No one gets it, people around you are always getting knocked every other minute, and you can't talk about because you know people don't get it. For some reason there's no comfort or aid in taking with those that don't understand. So...you remain alone and silent, holding in the hurricane, attempting to survive the raging storm of infertility that's trying to swallow you whole, rebuilding each time it breaks you, over and over again. I can't forget to mention how infertility has figured out how bend the time and space continuum. Somehow through the storm time seems to creep at an excruciatingly slow pace. The suffering of infertility, the days waiting to test, and the days waiting to ovulate literally make you perceive time moving more slowly.

That's my take on it anyway. Infertility forever changed me, not in a bad way, it's just made me different. I feel for each and every woman that is struggling with infertility. I know exactly what you're going through, and it sucks.


With that being said it was infertility that started my addiction to the stick. Here I am many many years later still at it!


Follow me for testing with lots of info about HPTs, OPKs, common/uncommon fertility monitors, and more! Plus giveaways! It's going to be an adventure, I hope you "stick" around.

Comments