Clearblue Connected Digital Ovulation Tests review and my experience


I used Clearblue connected digital ovulations tests for two cycles, the second one resulted in my current pregnancy. I can't give all the credit to the Clearblue connected since I was using other fertility trackers as well, but they were certainly one of the more user-friendly ones I was using.

The Clearblue Connected Ovulation test has an app that you download, set it up, and add your cycle information. The app will send you a notification when it's approaching testing time in your cycle, make sure you enable notifications when setting up the app. Tests are to be used with first morning urine, but you can choose to use them in the afternoon as long as it's within the same two hour time window each day. The app is very user friendly, color codes fertility status, and lets you add data.

Another cool feature is the Clearblue app marks days for tests that you've missed with a different pattern. Each time you test the information is transmitted to the app via bluetooth from the test holder, the app logs the status by color, light purple with blinking smily face for "high fertility", and darker purple with a solid smily for "peak fertility". Along with this info is the time the test was taken, you also have the option to mark if you've had sex or not, if so it marks it with a little red heart. Here are some screen shots from my app for two cycles, the second cycle I was using it we successfully conceived, you can see the positive test marked on the calendar.
I tested twice this day cycle day 9, as you can see at the bottom is the fertility status of each test with a blinking smily face in light purple. The yellow calendar day with the lines is a missed test day, the gray one after it was a "low fertility" test result.



This is cycle day 11, my fist test was my peak, indicated by the darker purple and solid smily face. A test later in the day was high fertility.




This was my second peak fertility day. I suspect that I ovulated sometime in between cycle day 11 and 12. I had really bad ovulation pain (due to scar tissue on the ovaries) that started at 8:30pm on cycle day 11 and kept me up until 3:48am into cycle day 12. Therefore, I'm not sure which little heart on the calendar was the right one, but one of them caught the egg!




Here is a visual of the progression of my test sticks:




This is a neat little comparison of fertile days in each cycle that I used the Clearblue connected. Obviously more cycles would provide better data, but luckily I didn't need it!







Here you can see the blue circle around cycle day 20 with the little + mark and annotated "pregnant test result" at the bottom of the page.

What's really great and unique to ovulation tests is that their test sticks tests for two hormones Lh and Estrogen, once the device detects a rise in estrogen it gives you a "high fertility" reading. Once this rise in Estrogen is detected the device stops analyzing the Estrogen line (the line furthest from where your urine sample goes) and only looks for your Lh peak. Once it detects your Lh peak it gives you "peak fertility" and you can expect to ovulate in about 24 hours.

With Clearblue duo hormone tests, ovulation tends to happen in a shorter window than traditional ovulation test. This is because they are not as sensitive as typical ovulation tests, rather than get a few days of positive tests, which can often happen with cheap OPKs (ovulation predictor kits), you get your peak and ovulation usually happens about 24 hours later.

Overall, I really liked the ease of use with the Clearblue connected, the automatic import of info and the measurement of two hormones. I would definitely use these tests again.

If you're looking a very accurate and easy way to track your cycle and pinpoint ovulation Clearblue Connected is a great choice. It works just as well, if not better than their fertility monitor for a fraction of the price. It can be purchased at a discount on Walmart, it's currently way marked down from its usual price making it great time to try it if you've been thinking about it Clearblue Connected Ovulation Test System Featuring Bluetooth connectivity and Advanced Ovulation Tests with Digital Results, 25 Ovulation Tests


Comments